Empathetic. Professional. Detail Oriented.
Stephanie L. Tigue
- Family Law
- DUI/Traffic Tickets
- Estate Planning
Prior to opening Tigue Law, I was a criminal prosecutor in the Lackawanna County District Attorney’s Office for 6 1/2 years. I prosecuted domestic violence cases, PFA contempts, theft and fraud cases, drug cases, robberies, burglaries, and other crimes of violence. I also gained experience in a law firm environment researching and litigating unique issues of law in personal injury cases for 2 years. Today, my practice is dedicated to helping people in need of legal services concerning family law, protection from abuse (PFA/PFI/SVPO) and criminal defense - areas that require an intimate knowledge of the law, as well as an in depth understanding of how my clients are personally affected by their cases. I am also experienced as a Guardian ad Litem (GAL), appointed by the Courts to represent children in complex family court matters.
My family law clients are typically experiencing changes to family structure that involve divorce and child custody, and are dealing with complicated issues such as division of martial assets (Equitable Distribution), and Support (Spousal Support/Alimony or Child Support). In some cases, domestic violence is an issue, and protection from abuse orders are necessary. I aggressively fight for my clients and ensure that their rights are protected.
Furthermore, nothing influences a family quite like criminal charges. My experience as a former prosecutor has given me a comprehensive understanding of the criminal court system and recognition that substance abuse and/or mental health issues, which may be the root of the problem, warrant rehabilitative measures. I will help my clients address their issues and choose the best strategy for resolving your criminal charges.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 2004
- University of Pittsburgh, Katz Graduate School of Business, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- M.B.A. - 2004
- State University of New York Geneseo, Geneseo, New York
- Major: Psychology
- Pennsylvania, 2004
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2006
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 2004
- Client's Choice Award, Avvo
- 10 Best Family Law Attorneys, 2018-2019
- Forgery in Cyberspace: The Spoof could be on you!, 5 PGH J.Tech.L. & Pol'y 2, 2003
- Legal Representation, 2006-2007
Fraternities or Sororities
- Alpha Omega Pi
- Lackawanna Bar Association, 2007 to Present
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, 2014 to Present
- Domestic Violence Task Force, 2008 to 2014
- Leadership Lackawanna, 2011 Graduate
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2018 to Present
- National Business Institute, 2018 to Present
- Lackawanna County District Attorney's Office , Assistant District Attorney, 2007 to 2014
- Abrahamsen, Moran & Conaboy, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2006 to 2007
- Guardian ad Litem, 2014 to 2019